We wish to thank the RC51 members and other IPSA associates who helped us to organize panels for the 23rd World Congress of Political Science in 2014, in particular our former co-chair, Stephane Paquin, who presided the local organizing committee of the conference. We also appreciated the contribution of participants of previous international conferences—including International Studies Association's (ISA) annual meetings—who helped us to frame the RC, officially launched in 2012, during the 22nd World Congress of Political Science. Our group is looking forward to gather as many scholars as possible in the field of IPE for the IPSA World Congress 2016 that will take place in Istanbul (see more information here).
Below you find all information about the panels, including papergivers and authors, of IPSA's 2012 and 2014 congresses, as well as of the 2011 IPSA-ECPR joint-conference.
The RC organized the following panels. Please click on the titles to open a file with the paper titles and authors:
- Comprendre les limites de la propriété intellectuelle en Iran à l'heure de la globalisation;
- Comparing Redesign of Welfare Regimes to Understand Adaptation to Social Investment Perspective: Regional Trends and Domestic Stories;
- Global Governance Facing Structural Changes in the World Economy: New Trajectories in the Making (I) / La gouvernance globale face aux défis des changements structurels affectant l’économie mondiale: nouvelles trajectoires en émergence;
- Global Governance Facing Structural Changes in the World Economy: New Trajectories in the Making (II): IGOs and Internet Governance: New Blood Rejuvenating Old Ladies?
- In Honour of Albert O. Hirschman (Round Table);
- Rising Powers’ Engagement in Global Economic Governance and “the Great Rebalancing” (I);
- Rising Powers' Involvement in Global Economic Governance (II);
- The Asia-Pacific Region in a Changing World;
- Transformations in Public Policy and Governance in Turkey in Comparative Pre-Accession Perspective.
In year when the RC51 was recognized by IPSA, the committee's founders and other members of the association organized and participated in the following panels focused on IPE, which was a main congress theme:
- Globalization Challenges from the Periphery;
- Globalization, Governance, and Domestic Politics;
- Political Consequences of Globalization: Voters, Firms and States;
- Power Transitions and North-South relations: Challenges in Global Governance;
- The Political Economy of Development in Latin America after the Washington Consensus.
The University of São Paulo hosted between 16 and 19 February 2011 an joint conference between IPSA and the European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR). The full program, which delt with issues that the RC51 would later incorporate at its core, can be found here.
Published on Wednesday, October 21 2015 by Vinicius Rodrigues Vieira